Monday, October 23, 2017

Helen has retired, yes, really retired this time.


For the past three years I've been telling people I'm retiring. I've cut down my commitments a lot, but until now, I could never completely let go.

I really love travelling. It's what I want to do. But it doesn't mesh with a job, even a part-time job, that requires me to be nearby to the internet every day.

Australia is a vast land with a lot of empty space in it. So there are far too many places nowhere near mobile (cell) phone reception or internet reception. And I want to see them all.

So this is it. I am really, truly, absolutely, definitely retired now.

Adiós, adieu, addio, adeus, aloha, arrivederci, ciao, auf Wiedersehen, au revoir, bon voyage, sayonara, totsiens, vale, zàijiàn, shalom.

And most importantly, Have Fun. I will.



Helen

1 comment:

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Have a wonderful time, and post lots of photos when you stop at home. <3